Phase 1 has been hard for everyone, especially those who are lonely, vulnerable and isolated. We still need to be cautious. We need to look after ourselves and ca canny when out and about, but for those who can now enjoy slightly greater freedoms – those who are shielding especially – it will be a welcome respite.
Important points for the immediate future are that:
- As of today (18 June)
- People who are shielding can leave home to exercise and are able to meet with one other household (max 8 people) with strict physical distancing
- As of tomorrow (19 June)
- People not shielding can meet up to 2 households outside, max 8 people.
- They can use indoor toilets providing good hygiene is practiced.
- Certain households can meet indoors as ‘extended households’
- People should continue to stay within their local area (broadly 5 miles) and not travel further for leisure or recreation.
- As of Monday (22 June)
- Face coverings are mandatory on public transport
- Dental practices can re-open for urgent care needs
Full information on these new guidelines are available at the Scottish Government website here.